Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Neighborhood Storm...


Catching up again...
Almost two weeks ago I decided to play some racquetball for the first time in over a year. While I was taking a break between games I got a call that we had 'severe' weather in our neighborhood. WHAT?! So I got a hold of hubby and everyone was ok, the main concern at the time was that he had the baby and had no warm water to warm a bottle for him and he was not a happy baby. Home I went... as I came up to the neighborhood the road was covered with branches, pinecones, pinestraw... once in the neighborhood I saw trampolines broken, decks damages and branches broken. The biggest thing was the big pine tree in OUR front yard. Thankfully it fell towards the road and not towards the house. Our sand box was tossed into the neighbors yard and a trampoline from neighbors behind us was in the lake across the street in front of us!!!

The tree is finally cleaned up after many hours of chainsaw work and hauling it away.

4 comments:

Dewdrop said...

Nicole, Sounds almost like you guys had a downburst or microburst. Definitely severe weather.

Nicole said...

yup, insuranve guy said looked like a microburst. It was crazy how the next street in the neighborhood looked like nothing happened!

Dewdrop said...

Ahh, Ma Nature.

Courtney said...

I see it missed the mailbox too. Glad all was okay.