Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No photos today....

But some recent adventures to share...

We've been going on some family walks in the evenings, such beautiful weather lately and Victoria loves walking one of our dogs (the other is too slow moving for our hilly neighborhood). So Sunday evening we start out and she has the dog... we go to turn the corner and as we got left, the dog goes right and down goes the girl! We had told her again and again to hold the leash with 2 hands but with only one hand on it she hit the road pretty hard. Both knees scraped up, her left shoulder and the left side of her face near her eye. Overall she's fine but that put an end to that walk pretty quickly, came home and got her cleaned and bandages up.

Then Monday she was ready to go again, we tried taking both dogs but brought back the slow one. She hung on with both hands this time but wanted to push the stroller too. I thought she had bumped a pine cone in the road...nope, it was a little turtle! She didn't hurt him so I picked him up and we brought him across the street to the lake. Wish I had my camera for that one, he was so little and cute!

Had a teacher phone conference yesterday, end of the year testing, she did above average in every area! One section was working with sounds and the requirement was to do 25 in 60 seconds, she got 57! I think she's ready for first grade! She's pretty excited about it already.

Then this morning I had an appointment with a trainer at the gym. I have gained weight since Spring Break and have got to get some nutrition assistance and change up my workouts. Well, he had a motorcycle accident yesterday! Thankfully he's ok, sounds like he was just being stupid. So I worked with another trainer and one of her clients, it went ok but not what I was expecting and didn't really give me the foundation that I was hoping for so we will see what happens next with all that!

Last soccer game of this season is Saturday, then we're going to watch the Rome Braves baseball game that evening! Should be lots of fun.

P.S. If you are in the ATL area, turn on 11Alive news tomorrow morning from 5-7am and check out the little birthday boy's picture! A little late, but that's ok!

3 comments:

Dewdrop said...

Poor little Victoria. Sounds like lots of fun adventure up your way.

Jan said...

How was the news segment? : ) I'm sure his photo was the star of the show!

Jan said...

you've been tagged!