Sunday, June 15, 2008

Remembering...

Less than 10 minutes after posting about Mrs. Willo last week, we realized that we had lost one of our dogs.

Rocky was our cocker spaniel that we have had for almost 8 years. Gary and Victoria noticed that he didn't come to eat his dinner earlier in the evening and when Gary went to check on him again he realized that he had died in his sleep. Victoria happened to come down after going to bed already and we told her the news. She was quite upset and it took a while to calm her down and get her back to bed. After that night she has been very matter-of-fact about it all. She'll tell someone 'One of my dogs died. He was old and we think he was sick for a while, my dad buried him in the woods in our back yard." All very true but it's crazy how factual she is about it. She has now taken time every day to go out and brush Sammy (our golden retriever) and talk to him, he's been quite sad.

Here are some pictures that I found, they are both quite a few years old, I'm sure I have some more recent ones but these were the easiest to find.

The one is Mr. & Mrs. Willo and Victoria when she was just a week old. Then of course Rocky and Sammy playing at the park.




In other news... It's been a very busy week, we had VBS this past week. Both Victoria and Trey had a great time during the Olympic themed week. Trey and Andrew (a grandson of a close friend who's in the 7th grade) became great buddies. Andrew was so good with Trey and they were giving hugs and kisses before the week was over.

Things have been a bit slow at the gift shop so lately when I go to work I have been bringing my scrapbooking stuff. In the last 2 or 3 weeks I have gotten 14 pages done! This past week I was at the shop Thursday, Friday and Saturday, I think I got 6 pages done. Now the issue is pictures. I have scrapped all the I had ordered and our printer is low on ink... hopefully I can print a few more pictures before the ink totally runs out!

This week is going to be busy too, but I will be home with the kids by myself most of the week. Gary has a local basketball camp Mon- Wed, he'll be home after dinner. Then on Thursday they head to a camp in Tennessee and will be spending the night until Saturday evening. THEN we are supposed to leave VERY early Sunday morning to head to the beach for a week! I'm excited about going, but trying to get ready is going to be a bit crazy with hubby out of town.

I'll try to post some pictures of VBS, my layouts, and Father's Day before we go!

1 comment:

Dewdrop said...

So sad, Nicole. I am so sorry. I know it's hard to lose a pet.